Amy Winehouse 'Reeked Of Alcohol Before Death' International
Amy Winehouse ''reeked of alcohol'' and was barely able to talk the day before her death. Amy died of accidental alcohol poisoning at the age of 27.
Janis has said she was shattered to see her daughter not being able to frame even a sentence as she was high, reported Female First. Janis found broken bottles of white wine lying around the singer's house in Camden, north London.
Janis says her daughter was so drunk during their last meeting that she was only able to make it downstairs with the help of her bodyguard Andrew Morris. As Andrew turned the corner, I saw Amy was slung over his shoulder in a fireman's lift. It was obvious he'd washed her and dressed her and tried to put her beehive on to make her look respectable, Janis has written in 'Loving Amy'.
She has also said alcohol was 'coming out of every pore' as Amy struggled to put coherent sentences together. I couldn't sit there and watch her like that, Janis added. 'Loving Amy' is set to be published on September 11, with the proceeds going to The Amy Winehouse Foundation, which was set up by Janis and works to discourage young people from misusing drugs.